Thursday, November 4, 2010

EMPTY ME OF ALL I AM

In the stillness of the night,
As I come to you in prayer,
Asking You to help me draw near.

'Cause I feel so far away;
Just one more mistake
And I'm leavin' You forever.


I'm distracted with the things of time,
The spirit of this age is pulling me.
I don't understand the power of it all.

I'm so lost and alone;
The troubles of my heart, so enlarged.
Lord cover me with your love

 This is where I am, Lord,
And prey not where I stay.
Lord, I need a savior!

Empty me of all I am
And fill me anew.
I want to be filled with you!

Guard my soul with Your love.
Let no selfish ambitions 
Distract me from You.

Turn me from theese things of time
And draw me near to You.
I want to be with You!

Fill this emptyness in me
With Your spirit of love.
It is You my soul yearns for!
















No comments:

Post a Comment