Thursday, October 28, 2010

STAND STRONG

When the stake is raised
And the fire is ablaze
Will you still follow Me?

When my very name is despised
And those who believe terrorized 
Will you still follow Me?

When my people are mocked
And prison doors are locked
Will you still follow Me?

Rise up and prepare yourselves, 
For we are at war! The earth
Groans for the birth of righteousness.

Rejoice in those who are
persecuted for My sake;
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven!

Depend on Me,oh my people;
For I will never forsake you.
Was it not I who brought you this far?

Stand strong you of little faith;
For I Am the Lord, your God,
And you shall not be shaken!___

2 comments:

  1. In America, we're mostly terrorized by ourselves; by our own inability to handle discomfort, by our love for creature comforts, and by our doubts.

    Maybe you could add a stanza sometime.

    I love the poem, though. Much love!

    ReplyDelete